August 23, 2014

All Yoked Up?


Before I started stitching the yoke to the sweater body, I pinned them together to see how closely (or not) the length along the to-be-seamed edges looked. The yoke was a small bit shorter, and now I think it could've been interesting to see by how much. However much it was, I didn't think it would be a problem to ease along the extra length of the body section. And it wasn't. I do wish I'd done a better job at keeping the tension on the mattress stitching even.  I'm half-way to going back and trying, one more time.

As it sits in this picture, the yoke is a bit ripply. And the cabled section of the yoke is longer than the purl section, closer to the neck, and the neck edge seems a tad small. I've steamed the yoke section just a bit, to see if maybe things will be just fine, once I get the bands knit on. Right now the project is taking a time out, whilst I decide how I feel about everything. Oh, and the sleeves are rather long. If I stretch them wider while blocking, I wonder if that will take some of the length out? And I've purchased buttons, but don't have a picture yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment