June 27, 2008

All Together Now


Hey! Isn't she beautiful! Finished assembly of my Traveller yesterday, but so far I haven't tried any spinning. I do find great joy in just looking at it. Wednesday I bought Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning by Judith MacKenzie McCuin, and checked both The Alden Amos Big Book of Handspinning by Alden Amos, and The Encyclopedia of Hand Spinning by Mabel Ross, out of the local library. So far I've looked at the pictures in Teach Yourself Visually, and have started reading the Alden Amos book. I'm really enjoying his style and catch myself giggling from time to time. I may have to purchase my own copy of this book. I do expect to have my first handspinning adventure to day, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that wheel looks absolutely perfect! Nice work on the finishing! I'm bringing my wheel to knitting circle next wednesday if you want to get started spinning...

    ReplyDelete