November 21, 2010

Deciding to Un-Go?

The sweater is frogged, and waiting for restarting. Its been a great project, so simple to work on that I knit on in the movie theater watching Red, and then yesterday, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I love that. BUT. For some time it seemed to me the arms were a bit over sized. "Better than undersized," I told myself. "Plenty of ease to fit over sleeves," I nodded wisely.

Tried it on, looked in the mirror. Knit some more, try on, look in mirror, "really, they just look a little bit big, its ok."  Well, after knitting through the Harry Potter movie it seemed to me the sweater body should be just about long enough. So today I steam blocked the body and tried it on.  The sleeves are. too. big. And so is the gauge. It will look better if I go down a needle size. So the un-knit little balls of yarn are sitting over by the couch, waiting for me to pick up the needles and get started. And so I will.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, damn. I hate that. I had to do the same to mine, but earlier on. Good luck the second time around!

    ReplyDelete