January 28, 2011

Lets just call it....

A splog. Short for sporadic blog. Or, more accurately, a sporadic web log. It happens, at least to me. Splog happens. I got splogged. (I like it so much I've added it to my user dictionary)

A brief debriefing; my brother came to visit for a few days. His last visit was roughly 4 years ago. We visited our dad (during one visit Brother installed grab bars in Dad's shower), we visited our maternal grandparents (something was wrong with the forced air heating unit, Brother got it working, at least temporarily), I took Brother whale watching (hey! its what I do) and while he was staying at my house Brother replaced the working parts inside most of the toilets in the house. Now they don't leak anymore. Brother used to be a plumber. During all of this, I didn't get any pictures of Brother.

Before Brother showed up, I dyed up some superwash merino, intended for a pair of socks.
I wanted some variegation, but I think maybe this is too much. Maybe I will add another shade of brown. Why brown? Because these socks are intended for Hubby, and while he really likes handmade socks, he likes 'em kinda plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment