June 6, 2011

A gift of rain

This morning I woke up and found the rain I thought I was hearing during the night really happened. I didn't dream it after all. What a rare treat here in arid southern California, to have a little shower in June. What a delight, that clean rain smell this morning. An unexpected gift.

Today Evan finishes the last of his spring quarter finals, and soon I'll be fetching him home. Or at least I consider "here" his home. But I'm not so sure he feels the same way. Intellectually, I know, know, know that growing up and moving away are what children do. Its what I did. But, as I'm feeling a bit blue today, I don't like to think too long about "here" no longer being Evan's home. Maybe I should just have a good cry and get it out of my system, leaving me free to enjoy the time Evan is "here".

How the ottoman cover is shaping up. A knit panel in the middle, flanked by sections of felted sweaters. I'll knit more panels for the sides, figuring on some negative ease for a stretchy-snug fit.

Pretty peony.


New roving. Natural colored Shetland roving from the Shetland Isles. I found out about this roving reading Boulderneigh's blog, and I can't wait to spin some samples.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered some myself, and my package arrived on Saturday. I haven't opened it yet, though; no point in torturing myself at the moment! I got the natural sample pack x2 AND the dyed sample pack.

    ReplyDelete