May 2, 2012

YooHoo! My Brother is in Town!

The next few days, as well as the past few, are all running about hither and yon. And very fun. But it doesn't leave me much time for blogging. Or anything other than odd bits of knitting. I have a two-handed stack of weaving related books to thumb through and learn from, some Border Leicester fleece to clean and sample, weaving tools to make, and bunches of ideas in my head for knitting, spinning and weaving and sewing projects. 

Scipio caught in the act of stealing the yarn ball

I've knitted up some of the Finn/Dorset/Targhee spinning sample, and decided I was a bit over enthusiastic about twist on the single. The 2 ply is balanced, but rather firm. I've spun another little sample single, but haven't yet had time to ply.

Tick-tock, tick-tock. The invitation to the Pay it Forward game stands open until 9p.m. Tuesday, May 9. If nobody signs up, I'll think of some other way to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment