April 11, 2013

Random Thursday

By habit, I'm not into monogamous knitting. A little project here, a bigger project there, something tucked away for starting or finishing. I like it that way. But, right now the only active knitting project I have is this sweater I'm working on. Since January. For me, that is a lot of knitting monogamy. The only other fiber related activity has been a bit of spinning with my monthly spin group. And that's still not knitting.

It feels strange. I don't post as much, partly because there isn't much going on, and partly because I know if I'm sitting here, in front of the screen, I'm definitely not knitting. The actual knitting goes in fits and starts. I'll calculate how I want to shape an area, knit that part and then stop and calculate the next part. Not everyone would do it this way, I guess. I don't think its the most time efficient way to do things; sometimes I reach a point where I need more 'maths' before I can carry on, and my brain puts out the 'do not disturb' sign. Aint going there, uh-uh, you can't make me. Then no knitting happens. At all.

Right now is such a point. The knitting has reached the top of the bust shaping, and the next bits are the parts that seem equally fiddly and mysterious. Getting the fit right for the upper chest and back, the arm scythe and the neck shaping. All pretty much going on at the same time. On the part of my body I've had the most trouble with fitting well in published patterns. All in a garment with hours of work already invested, that I'm making up as I go along. Because, if something fits well through the shoulder/bust/sleeves, well then the entire garment looks good. Did I mention I have only a vague idea of what I'm doing?

Still, it is only knitting. And I believe I can get this done. Right now I just need some quiet time to figure this all out.

Oh, and I put some new pictures up on the Pet Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment