September 3, 2013

A Plea

Dear Knitting Gremlins,
You win. I give up. For the fourth time (or more) I have attempted to knit this, the second bootie of a pair of booties. And for the fourth (or more) time when I get to this point in the pattern, the stitch count is incorrect. Okay, one of those times I inadvertently cast on too many stitches because I was obsessing over making sure I ended up with the correct stitch count.
I counted and recounted the stitches as I worked to this point, endlessly seeking the reassurance that, this time, I'd done it correctly. Except, it turns out I didn't. Ever. Once again after finishing the decreases, I have the wrong number of stitches. I don't know what you want from me, but I give up. I'm done with this project. Maybe I'll concentrate on spinning for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment