March 22, 2009

Clapotis on a Sunday


Clapotis on a Sunday
Originally uploaded by shelly2dogs
For some reason, I like getting up a bit early on Sundays. No matter how much I was convinced the night before that come Sunday morning I'd be snoozing away past 8 a.m. (yes, for me that's sleeping in), I find my eyes opening by 6. But I don't mind. I like the quiet of early Sunday morning. Traffic noises are few, and seem in no hurry to waft over the hill, the house is still except for occasional creaks and pops, and the birds outside are conducting their daily roll call and warm ups. It's just me, my knitting, my cat and my coffee.

Hootie Kitty is an superb lap warmer, although she believes my early morning meditation would be better spent in kitty appreciation and petting and not clapotis knitting. I've completed the increase section of the pattern and am now working away at the straight rows section. Did I already mention that I bought 5 skeins of yarn so I wouldn't need to work the math for the 5 sections of the pattern?

Pardon the photo quality, the cell phone cam doesn't work so great in low light situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment