June 12, 2009

Milestones and Getaways

Today my oldest child graduates from high school. Goodness gracious, where does the time go? I guess technically he's not a child any more, he's eighteen and registered with the draft board now, drives and shaves, and most of that grown up stuff. He's a good person and I'm proud of him. I looking forward to seeing how the next stage of his life goes.

After much consideration, decision making, decision reversals and more decisions I am going to the Black Sheep Gathering up in Eugene, Oregon next week. There will be fleece there ya know. I'm taking the train (sooo much knitting time), and arriving a day early to visit with a friend who lives not so far from Eugene. She doesn't knit or spin, but she keeps a few sheep, just not the good woolly kind.

I'm very excited about the entire thing, the train, the knitting time, learning more about wool, the visit, buying fiber and having my own little adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the graduate! Big milestone.

    I wish I could go to Black Sheep. I've still never been to a fiber festival. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a scouting mission and I'll report back!

    ReplyDelete