June 9, 2009

Retail Therapy

I admit it, I've been in a bit of a fiber funk lately. The hubby socks, while nearing completion, are still boring to knit. I've decided the basic stitch pattern for my summer waistcoat, but none of the details. I've hardly touched the Muir shawl. The waistcoat and the shawl are waiting for the socks to finish. Now that I've finished the Redfish roving, all the bobbins are empty and I can't decide what to start spinning next, fleece or roving.

Obviously, there is only one thing to do, go shopping. I just didn't realize I was shopping until I ran across the thing that I needed to buy, which is a new spinning wheel. I sent a deposit last week, and if I'm lucky I'll have it in less than a year. Maybe. Retail therapy, yes; instant gratification, no. Details to follow, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment