February 17, 2011

Kitty gets a name

and his name is Scipio, after Scipio Africanus of Rome. Offspring #1 gets all the credit, it was his suggestion. I guess Ryan (Offspring #1) was impressed with what he learned about Scipio during European History last semester.  I don't remember learning about Scipio, so I "Googled" him. Thank goodness for the wonder of the internet. I figured this kitty could use the name of a fighter and a statesman, so Scipio he is. Here he is, looking wise.

Young Scipio is still in quarantine, being treated for scabies and coccidia. Yesterday we did another sulfur dip, and I do believe I'm getting better at it. At least Scipio was calmer, no yelling and calling me names. He actually seems to enjoy the bit where I rinse the shampoo off with the handheld spray head. The sulfur dip turns his coat yellow and smells like rotten eggs. Most of the yellow fades out pretty soon, and now Scipio smells faintly of match head.

Knitting and spinning are taking a back seat to kitty minding, but the socks are very nearly done, I might actually bind off tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Wow--I leave for a few days and look what happens! ;)

    Congrats on the new family member. I'm sure he'll perk up in no time, now that he's getting some care and attention.

    ReplyDelete