November 30, 2012

Finally Feels Like Fall

At least, a coastal, Southern California kind of Fall. The last 2 days are grey and rainy, and suddenly, after long absence, prepping fiber and spinning wool sounds like the bestest way to enjoy the weather. I wonder how much I can get done, with a little red four legged helper around? Understand that, by help, I mean Rowyn grabs whatever is in my hand and runs off with it. Well, one way or another, we'll figure out a way to manage.

Evan decided he wants a Shark Hat (?!!) The yarn is purchased. The pattern downloaded. I was hoping he'd choose the Dead Fish Hat.   (both Ravelry links) Maybe I'll just knit one of those for myself. I was also hoping he'd chose a pattern that I could knit from stash. I do have some fantastic grey fleece, but at my current (non) rate of fibery output, I don't think the hat would get finished this winter. And it must get finished! Think about it, my (mostly?) adult son asked me for a knitted item! Off to find the needles and such!

4 comments:

  1. Oh shoot! Thanks for reminding me of Brian's Dead Fish Hat in progress; I need to finish it up for him for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! (because you didn't have enough to do already?) I'm looking forward to seeing the hat!

      Delete
  2. You're right - it finally does feel like fall, and I'm loving it! I also agree: when our kids ask for knitted items, casting on is the only response. Thanks for the goosebumps on behalf of Older Daughter - I feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is Brian's birthday. I knit him a pair of slipper socks, and he was THRILLED when he opened that present – and put them right on. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete