March 8, 2008

What a Busy Week!


Oh dear, I really thought I'd be posting earlier in the week! The Pinwheel sweater for Tom is complete, and Molly's matching dog sweater is about 75% done. It shouldn't take long to finish once Molly and I have a fitting session. Pictures coming soon!

With Tom's sweater done, I feel free to start some of my spring knitting projects. I've just started swatching for the Printed Silk Cardigan found in Interweave Knits spring 2008 issue, I want to cast on a pair of socks, and have visions of many other spring and warm weather tops I'd like to start; and finish. :-)

Speaking of spring, while the calender shows a few more days until the vernal equinox, signs of spring are already abundant here in San Diego county. Last Monday afternoon I saw my first Bullock's Oriole right outside the kitchen door, a male. For the last few years a pair has been nesting in the eucalyptus trees down the hill from the house. I often see them in the yard, but not so close to the house. Last year I thought I saw a second pair, so I'll be keeping closer watch this year.

The Gray Whales have started their northbound migration, we saw one last Tuesday morning when out on the Marietta. Pacific White-sideds, Common and Risso's dolphins are all being sited, and occasionally Sei Whales, Fin Whales and perhaps even a Blue Whale. I've seen the dolphins, but haven't been lucky enough to be out on the boat when the other whale species are seen. I really do enjoy my time as a volunteer out on the whale watch boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment