February 3, 2012

Sheep Dreams

Last night, I had a dream that I woke up because I heard my dog softly 'boofing' at the bedroom window. But I was still asleep, and dreaming. Outside the window were two other dogs looking in, about the same size as my dog, one was a self-blue merle, the other black. They both had prick ears. Apparently, they were in my yard because of the sheep. They were the sheep dogs. There was a small flock of what could have been Shetland sheep; the dream sheep were the right color and size and fleece for that. Although, I can't remember if I saw the tails. There was a ram, some ewes and lambs. In my dream, I walked over to the french doors to get a better look at the sheep. Some of them looked back, but mostly they seemed like they needed to be moving on, and so they headed over to the other side of the yard. And, still in my dream, I climbed back into bed, wondering how sheep got into my yard.

I don't remember ever having a dream quite like that one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm no Freud, but it is quite clear to ME that a flock of sheep (Shetlands, of course!) are in your future!

    ReplyDelete